John Keats - 1795-1821

John Keats - 1795-1821
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing …

Saturday 23 February 2008

Note Books and Journals


I dont know about others, but I cannot do without my Note Books and Journals. I keep a Dreambook also where I jot down daily things which take my fancy, and maybe snippets of Magazine cuttings. These books are stacked on my writing desk, together with pretty jugs of various pens and pencils.

My desk in the Study is a little too small for my liking, and eventually I do hope to purchase a new one, good idea also perhaps would be for me to go to one of the Auction Houses to see if I can pick up a lovely Antique one. I like the idea of a desk being owned by some other, to know that many hours this piece of furniture was used in it's entirity for some creative piece of work.

This brings to mind about our lovely Crystal who now owns her beloved Father's desk, I can understand how she feels so much affection for that desk.

Happy writing everyone.

Camilla.x

6 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Hello Camilla, nice to see a post from you - lovely notebooks, mine are a bit scrappy from being carted round in my handbag!

Elizabethd said...

What lovely books, Camilla. I think you must have quite a collection!

Frances said...

Ah, Camilla I do share your enthusiasm for journals, and desks, but my reality and its timing just blow my ideal to smithereens.

I inherited a lovely old desk from a great uncle many years ago, but it never became part of the eclectic mix in any of my apartments, but rather stayed on in my mother's home.

A few years ago I let my mom know that I would like to sell the desk, since it was unlikely that I would ever have a homespace to properly fit it. My mom was shocked, but our solution was for her to offer to sort of buy me out. And...those dollars allowed me to buy the very laptop upon which I now writer to you all.
Economic conversion, with all sorts of unstated family upset mingled in!
xo

Pondside said...

I think that everyone needs a desk. I have an old Danish desk that doesn't match another thing in my house, but which I love for its patina of words and thought and imagination.
Your notebooks are so pretty!

Westerwitch/Headmistress said...

Oh I too love diaries and notebooks - but mine mostly seem to be lists of things to do - although I do have many notebooks on my writing . . .

I hope you find a wonderful desk that resonates with your creativity. Half the fun will be in the looking for it.

Cait O'Connor said...

How nice to see a posting from you Camilla. I too love pretty notebooks and have piles of them round the place. I have a modern cheap computer desk thingy, one of those tiered things and it's in a corner. They are handy as they hold all the computer bits and pieces. I also have a nice narrow wooden desk made by a local man many years ago now. Both are positioned side by side by the window in a tiny upstairs room.
Keep looking for that cottage and that desk, that's great fun in itself!