John Keats - 1795-1821

John Keats - 1795-1821
A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never Pass into nothingness; but still will keep A bower quiet for us, and a sleep Full of sweet dreams, and health, and quiet breathing …

Monday 9 July 2007



THANK YOU WESTERWITCH & HAPPYSNAPER


Today I was able to get in to the new Purplecoo, feels quite strange still, but I notice there are some lovely new additions, quite exciting.


Was the Calender I wonder just for fun, or will it eventually take off, I did think it would be a very good idea for Charity, but then I'm sure it will be a lot of hard work for Westerwitch to get this going, and she has already been up to her eyes in being so wonderful with the new site and everything.


This morning I received a telephone call to say that I could collect my tickets for the holiday that my husband had arranged with the free tickets he had been awarded. I put the phone down in the end, after realising that this was "cold-calling". I just wish they did not waste people's time in these sort of things, we often get people ringing up to say have we got 10 minutes of our time to do survey, how do they get the number.


My daughter and I were delighted today in receiving the good news that my grandson would be able to be re-instated into his old school, the same as his sister's. My daughter had moved to Yorkshire two years ago but then came back because she was homesick. She could not get him into the original school that he was in before, so he had to go to another school ten miles away, and while he has been there he has been bullied quite a lot. Today after an appeal, my daughter was told the good news that my grandson had now had a place in the school he was in originally, so we wept a few tears of delight today.


Camilla.x

9 comments:

Pondside said...

What good news for your grandson! Good for your daughter for appealing!

Elizabethd said...

So glad for your grandson, the right school is so important. These tribunals are awful, and they can keep people waiting for ages.

Anonymous said...

thats good news camilla xx jep

Bluestocking Mum said...

That is good news about your grandson. I find those tribunals such a farce! We were told we would have to go through it all to get our eldest into Church Stretton School (drastically over subscribed) We filled in forms and prepared to battle...When we met the head master it was completely at his discetion and we got in without any battles at all!
I bet your grandson and daughter will be so pleased

warm wishes

xx

countrymousie said...

Arent thse calls a nuisance. You can subscribe to a list so that it is illegal to be cold called. I think it is called Telephone Preference Agency - or somesuch. It will be online. I have done this but the only calls that still get through are from abroad as they are not covered under this. It takes a month to kick in.
Hope him in doors continues to improve.

Good news about the Schooling though.

Cait O'Connor said...

Good news and a lovely picture again.
Ditto what countrymousie says re. tps.
Caitx

Chris Stovell said...

Good news and I also second your thanks to WW&HS. I also enjoyed reading your mood boosters.

CAMILLA said...

Thank you to everyone who commented. Countrymousie, thank you for that tip. Husband rests 24/7 no energy at all to do anything. More bloods were taken today re his kidneys, should know results on Friday, thank you for your concern.
Camilla.xx

HappySnaper said...

Ta Camilla. Re that calender like you I am in favour of doing this and am willing to do wahtever to help it along, WW was in favour but maybe a tad shy about asking folk to chip in - she has my submission already